Our Executive Search Process
Bronzegate apply a systematic approach to executive search working in partnership with our clients. We remain flexible, consultative and responsive during the search process, advising our clients at every step.
Our approach has three key phases:
- Pre- meeting analysis of the organisation’s strategy, history and business fundamentals.
- Meeting with client to discuss and determine the role profile, positioning within the organisation and key deliverables; gaining insight into leadership style, business culture and team dynamics. Discussion and advice on key skills, experience and capabilities required, challenging and conceptualising the role. Clients provided with market and competitor intelligence to tailor the approach as well as potential targets to consider.
- Post-meeting analysis of company with assignment as context, developing a compelling, final role description; defining objectives and opportunities; evaluating broad targets; and identifying the desired candidate profile with a focus on cultural fit, leadership credentials, qualifications and expertise.
- Detailed research and analysis into the market to outline key sector and company targets for executive talent based upon the agreed profile criteria. Research supported through our extensive network of finance leaders, use of social networking and previous market analysis to identify a long-list of prospective targets for the role. Clients provided with visibility on market-wide options through a diverse but relevant talent map.
- Discussions engaged with key long-list targets to determine technical and cultural fit, key motivators and potential interest in the role; providing initially selected candidates with a discrete but detailed understanding of the opportunity.
- Rigorous interview and screening process for key prospects through a focus on competency-based assessment with a view to determining a shortlist of candidates best-qualified for the position, including any background checks and third party references.
- Presentation of shortlist with detailed insight and written commentary per candidate qualifying their skills and experience against the role requirement. Final selected candidates move forward to the client’s interview and assessment process.
- References taken on preferred candidate and co-management with the client of the negotiation period including guidance on remuneration. Consistent and regular dialogue maintained with both parties until search finalisation and candidate’s start date.
- Post-hire informal assessment undertaken through first monthly, then quarterly discussions with both client and candidate to ensure mutual satisfaction of stated ambitions; acting as an impartial external advisor to both parties.