Global Case Studies
The Bronzegate team have consistently delivered to key financial appointments across Europe and internationally. Placements have ranged from expatriate assignments to searches focused on identifying local talent.
Group CFO, Germany: FTSE 100 Engineering Subsidiary
Experience of working with a FTSE 100 multinational group to source a Group CFO for an autonomous German subsidiary.
- This respected organisation with a matrix organisational structure of operating companies (OpCos) involved in a global upskilling programme required a new Group CFO to lead the finance function of an important German subsidiary. The search initially entailed a detailed analytical review of target organisations and SME/OpCo CFOs operating within Germany with a similar scale and industrial focus.
- Confidentiality was key during the process and potential candidates had to demonstrate significant tenure in Board positions with the emphasis on strategic partnering with Managing Directors. Finance Directors holding similar positions within substantial industrial multinationals with multilingual capability and the cultural sensitivities to work within both a German SME environment and a parent UK Plc were key targets.
- A thorough search process yielded the successful appointment of a new Group CFO in Germany.
Group CFO, U.S. : FTSE 100 Consumer Services Subsidiary
Experience of working with a FTSE 100 global major handling the search project for a new Group CFO of a U.S. subsidiary.
- With a leading market position and a number of subsidiary brands and companies, the organisation sought to appoint a new Group CFO to turnaround a U.S. based operation with sizeable revenue. The task was to source both expatriate professionals and U.S. nationals with the requisite skills, experience and passion for the opportunity.
- An ability to initially re-engineer a finance function, developing fundamental finance reporting processes and establishing an efficient method of working was vital to the success of the hire. Short-listed candidates had to also display exemplary skills with respect to re-alignment of commercial objectives to support growth.
- An international search resulted in an outstanding appointment of a Group CFO into the U.S.
Regional CFO, Germany: Listed U.S. Retailer
Experience of working with a leading global retailer to secure a Regional CFO with multi-country jurisdiction to be based in Germany.
- During a period of talent evolution amongst its European leadership team, this major organisation created a role based in Germany for a new Regional CFO enabling localised direction. The research and headhunting approach set out to qualify the talent within Germany capable of adding real value and insight to this growing region.
- Finance Directors with pan-European experience, German language skills and a commercial mindset were targeted in a global campaign. Preference was given to individuals who had an affinity to fast-paced consumer businesses and an innate ability to think and act both quickly, proactively and to the best interests of a corporate agenda.
- The successful search delivered a highly respected Regional CFO to the group.
Finance Director, Spain: FTSE 100 Consumer Services
Experience of working with a global FTSE 100 market leader to secure an experienced Finance Director for its Spanish division.
- With considerable and consistent revenue growth in its Spanish operation, this organisation required a new commercially focused Finance Director to join its leadership team. With the role supervising a business division, the search focused across Europe and the Spanish mainland to source suitably qualified and inspirational Finance Directors.
- Finance Directors with strong commercial finance backgrounds and prior experience of leading autonomous business units were first identified. The ability to then enhance business partnering and foster a culture of excellence was analysed through the process.
- The search concluded with the successful appointment of a new Finance Director in Spain.
Finance Director, Kazakhstan: Listed Mining company
Experience of working with a UK-listed mining company on the search to appoint a new Operational Finance Director based in Kazakhstan.
- With a significant portfolio of assets and an ambitious strategy, this organisation required an operationally focused Finance Director to manage their Kazakh mines. The search required sourcing Finance Directors with Russian language skills and the willingness and adaptability to be based and help run operations in Kazakhstan.
- The broad search centred on core operational finance experience gained from within the industrial sector allied to heightened commercial aptitude. Importantly, an appreciation of UK-listed environments as well as an affinity with Kazakh business practice was sought.
- The search culminated in the placement of a talented new Finance Director for the region.