Multi-Search Case Studies
The Bronzegate team can point to a history of real partnership with organisations resulting in multiple hires. Typically, these have been where there has been a need to either construct a new leadership team, hire during a period of transformation or to steadily optimise a finance leadership team over time.
FTSE 100 Consumer Services
Experience of working with a FTSE 100 listed global leader on an ongoing basis to develop its finance leadership talent in key business areas.
- This complex organisation, operating in a low-margin but fast-paced consumer sector has challenged its financial leadership to continuously operate not just as technical experts but to work as commercial leaders, partnering MDs to lead strategic growth agendas. Pivotal, experienced hires were required for both under-performing business unit turnarounds and to enhance the capability of successful divisions.
- Each leadership hire had to take into account the specific demands of working in a highly commercial and fast-paced business environment. Resilience was a key character trait sought within the searches as well as focusing on communication skills, business partnering expertise and an ability to unify business unit requirements to the corporate agenda.
- The ongoing project has successfully resulted in five experienced Finance Director and CFO appointments.
FTSE 100 Consumer Manufacturing
Experience of working with a FTSE 100 organisation across its global finance leadership team during a period of organisational change and cultural transformation.
- Having embarked on an ambitious strategy to implement SAP globally, re-configure the operating structure and build a global centralised services solution, there had been a clear need for talent to help drive the organisation’s new corporate agenda. Through a number of dedicated searches and leveraging our wide global network, the focus was to acquire the finance leaders with the mind-set and experience the company sought to enhance the business partnering ethos it was keen to engender.
- Particular attention was paid on cultural fit and leadership style as the organisation was on a journey which not only entailed organisational change but also cultural transformation. Where niche change management expertise and technical prowess were required for some of the mandates, a key factor to delivery was the ability to identify the right skill-set through highly targeted and international searches.
- The project successfully resulted in six key Finance Director and VP hires for the organisation.
Multinational Retail Services
Experience of working with a major global listed U.S. group to develop a European finance leadership team to help facilitate its international expansion.
- Headquartered in the UK and with significant revenue from operations, the organisation faced the challenge to move the European finance function from a reporting-only orientation to a decision-support focused team. This involved building a new European finance leadership team to develop and lead key areas of the wider finance function. The searches spanned Europe and were targeted to source and secure best-in-class finance talent to help drive this new strategy.
- The prerequisite for each leadership assignment was a combination of previous blue-chip company experience, strong leadership credentials and a deep understanding of best practice financial management. Rigorous assessment was undertaken to determine capability and willingness to drive this change agenda and the searches focused on acquiring top talent from a variety of target organisations.
- The success of this was demonstrated by four business-critical senior VP/Director level hires.
Large Private Infrastructure
Experience of working with a large privately held infrastructure group to develop the finance leadership team for the Group CFO.
- The CFO of a sizeable, London-based group with multiple UK regional hubs and a dominant market position wished to enhance the calibre and capability of his direct reports and team. The mandate was to bring in a number of leaders including a Group Controller, a new Head of FP&A and a Finance Director for one of the group’s most important regional operations. The searches were each designed to raise the profile and output of finance within the business with an emphasis placed on best practice approaches.
- Each search entailed differing challenges but similar attitudes, approaches and the desire to make a difference and affect positive change within a finance function were present within all selected candidates. The new recruits, as they were invariably upskilling exercises, had to demonstrate proven expertise in their fields.
- The project culminated in the successful delivery of three excellent Director-level hires.