UK Case Studies
The Bronzegate team have outstanding experience of delivering the right appointment for specialist and sensitive assignments in the UK. Assignments range from direct replacements and upskilling hires to first-time appointments for newly created roles.
Group CFO, Mid-sized Professional Services
Experience of working with a mid-sized, global professional services firm to secure a CFO to join the Board.
- With a well-established but evolving, multinational practice and considerable revenue, this firm was looking to appoint a finance leader to their Board who had the vision and mindset to augment business strategy. Working closely with senior management, a targeted mapping, research and headhunting campaign was undertaken to first identify, qualify and then secure the right calibre of experienced leader the firm needed.
- A key objective for this high-profile assignment was to source proven ability to transform the strategic contribution of finance whilst also improving finance systems, processes and people. The confidential search focused on leaders who had the ability to work within a complex partnership structure whilst demonstrating real expertise in improving all aspects of an organisation’s financial management.
- This assignment resulted in the appointment of a highly accomplished new Group CFO.
CFO UK & Eire, FTSE 100 Consumer Services
Experience of working with a FTSE 100 group to appoint a CFO to a newly created leadership position.
- During a period of organisational restructuring and relative upheaval, this organisation sought to enhance the leadership of a key business area through the creation of a new post of UK & Eire CFO. A search campaign was initiated to find and assess talented leaders who had the prior experience of working within similarly complex and diverse organisations.
- A principle challenge was to source a professional who had the intellect, know-how and gravitas to be instantly respected amongst the well-established leadership team in a major multinational. In addition, finance professionals who had a depth of expertise in strategic business partnering and performance management were prioritised.
- This search assignment successfully delivered a talented new UK & Eire CFO.
Group CFO, VC-Backed Media Company
Experience of working with a VC-backed media SME to deliver to the new position of Group CFO.
- This ambitious digital media company had established a sizeable business operation but was set for further expansion, thereby requiring a CFO to complement the Board leadership team. The mandate was to source, through a diligent and targeted process, an individual who had significant strategic finance knowledge allied to a “hands-on” approach for running a small but evolving finance function.
- Careful selection of potential target profiles was undertaken to ensure the cultural and personality fit of the eventual hire matched that of the unique business culture and creative dynamism of the team. Emphasis was also put on a blend of entrepreneurial company experience and corporate best-practice understanding.
- This wide-reaching search resulted in a high calibre Group CFO appointment to the company.
Group FP&A Director, FTSE 120 Industrial Services
Experience of working with a FTSE 120 multinational to appoint a first-time Group Finance Planning and Analysis Director.
- This market leading organisation with significant global revenue, operating in a challenging macro-economic environment and sector, required a new position of Group FP&A Director to be secured. The search objective was to source a shortlist of experienced FP&A leaders ideally from similarly large corporate backgrounds.
- Selected targets were assessed on core analytical capability and their strategic acumen as demonstrated through previous planning-focused roles. An important feature of the search was to identify the personality traits and approach of an individual who could work comfortably with a major Plc Board and across a devolved organisational structure.
- This diligent search process reached a successful conclusion with the placement of a new Group FPA Director.
Group Treasurer, FTSE 100 Engineering Services
Experience of working with a FTSE 100 international organisation on the search for a new Group Treasurer.
- A well-respected and long-established global organisation looked to identify a new Group Treasurer due to the impending departure of its incumbent. This search entailed a comprehensive mapping campaign of the Treasury leadership community to understand where the best placed options could be.
- Short-listed candidates were screened with an emphasis on cultural fit, given the close-knit management team present in the group headquarters. As an acquisitive group, particular attention was also paid to candidates’ strategic treasury and M&A/divestments experience.
- A comprehensive process of assessment and selection found the right Group Treasurer for this company.